The map of my life: results of the project
The map of my life is a Project based on Learning which has been developed with students of the First course of Secondary in Social Sciences. This group actually participates in the Bilingual Section of our centre. The purposes of the project were:
- Create and customize a map about important events and places in the life of the students.
- That pupils were involved by geographical learning.
- Understand how their lives would be represented in a map.
- Provide a spatial representation of their memories and experiences, using technology.
- Apply the vocabulary of the subject in daily and practical situations.
In my opinion, the students did a good work. In fact, they made an oral exposition to the rest of their classmates explaining the content of their maps. In conclusion, the project has resulted as an excellent tool to improve their linguistic, digital and spatial skills. Furthermore, it was really useful to work in class, multiculturalism and to know better the identity and personality of the members of the group.
I would like to share with you a video which sum up their work.